Content - Home
The Alternative Bank Schweiz - a brief outline
Alternative Bank Schweiz is today's bank for a better tomorrow. It is a bank for clients who like to know what is happening with their money. Alternative Bank Schweiz publishes all the loans it grants, showing the name, purpose and amount. Thus its clients know what their money achieves – even what good it does! In fact Alternative Bank Schweiz invests in, and finances, sustainable projects and businesses. It does not insist on maximizing profit. Instead, it places a rational emphasis on sustainability and ethical principles.
Key financial data at 31 Dezember 2012
CHF Euros (approx.) Balance sheet total 1 248 millions 1 040 millions Balance sheet growth + 11.1 % Client assets 1 153 millions 960 millions Number of clients 28'533 Value of loans 885 millions 737 millions Number of creditors 852 Number of shareholders 4'485 Number of co-workers 84 Proportion of women in management positions 46 %
- Observing ethical principles takes precedence over maximizing profits.
- Banking activities are based on transparency and all approved loans are published.
- Tax evasion is expressly excluded at the start of any business relationship.
- Loans are granted to support ecological and social projects.
- Solidarity is encouraged between depositors and borrowers: it enables loans to be granted at reduced rates of interest.
- Internal operations are largely democratic.
- Clients and the public are informed about the role and effect of money in our society.
- Ensuring equality of opportunity for both sexes is part of the bank’s strategy.
- A savings and loan bank.
- A range of traditional accounts and basic services for making payments.
- Issuing loans, principally in the areas of the social or ecological housing (ABS Property Rating), organic agriculture, renewable energies, small and medium-size companies, etc.
- Investment advice and sale of a selection of sustainable investment funds
- Olten (headquarters), Lausanne (for French-speaking Switzerland), Zurich (advisory center) and Geneva (information office)
Alternative Bank Schweiz
Phone +41 (0)62 206 16 16
Recent annual reports in German
The ABS is member of:
Please be aware …
… that the ABS is only operating in Switzerland.
Therefore the ABS website exclusively addresses natural and legal persons, partnerships and corporations whose residence or place of business is in Switzerland. This ABS website is specifically not intended for persons governed by a legal system which prohibits access to the ABS website (on grounds of the affected person’s nationality, place of residence or otherwise).